Cold Sore Prevention
There are actually several ways to help prevent cold sores.
- Avoid kissing and skin contact with people who have cold sores.
- Do not share food, drinks, or eating utensils with others, and wash your hands carefully before touching another person when you have cold sores.
- Be careful touching other parts of your body – your eyes and genital area are particularly susceptible to spreading of the virus.
- Avoid situations that can trigger cold sores (listed above), such as cold and sun.
- You should also eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, and take vitamins and supplements.