Real Relief from Real Medicine
There IS something you can do to help treat and relieve your cold sores. Herpecin L is a unique, pharmacist-recommended* product for the treatment, protection, and relief of cold sores, sun and fever blisters.
Herpecin L is safe to use every day to help relieve and protect painful cracking of lips and promotes healing without numbing or drying. It is uniquely formulated with dimethicone for protection, and sunscreens to help guard against the sun's harmful rays.
- helps prevent sunburn on lips
- relieves dry, chapped lips
- helps treat and relieve cold sores/fever blisters
Adults and children 12 years or over:
- apply liberally and evenly to affected area on lips at first sign of cold sore and 15 minutes before sun exposure
- rub in gently but completely
- for cracking or dryness continue to cover lips until absorbed
- reapply liberally as often as needed and at least every 2 hours when in sun
- use a water resistant sunscreen on lips if swimming or sweating
Children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Dimethicone 1%: skin protectant
- Meradimate 5%: sunscreen
- Octinoxate 7.5%: sunscreen
- Octisalate 5%: sunscreen
- Oxybenzone 6%: sunscreen
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, petrolatum, ozokerite, mineral oil, microcrystalline wax, talc, titanium dioxide, beeswax, melissa officinalis leaf extract, cetyl lactate, glyceryl laurate, flavor, lysine HCI, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, pyridoxine HCI, panthenol, BHT
Skin Cancer/Skin Aging Alert: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. This product has been shown only to prevent sunburn where applied to lips, not skin cancer or early skin aging.
For external use only
Do not use
- on broken skin
- if you are allergic to any ingredient in this product
When using this product
- keep out of eyes. Rinse water to remove.
- apply only to affected areas
- avoid applying directly inside your mouth
- do not share this product with anyone since this may spread infection
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- rash occurs
- condition worsens, does not improve within 7 days, or clears up and occurs again within a few days
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
*Pharmacy Times Annual OTC Guide for Oral Care: Cold Sore Treatments